Summer, green lawns and enjoying the summer outside. This is what we are thinking when we think about spring and summer. However, it isn’t fun when you have ants all over your lawn. Then, enjoying your lawn isn’t possible.
But the good news is that with the right ant killer for lawns, you will be able to enjoy your lawns in no time. You just need to know what ant killers to purchase. With this guide, you will be able to find the best ant killer for lawns that will kill the ants without killing your lawn or putting your pets in danger.
Knowing the Type of Outdoor Ants That You Can Get
Before you can start purchasing the best ant killer on the market, you need to know what type of outdoor ants you can get on your lawn first. This is making it easier to purchase the right ant killer and you will know what you are dealing with. These are the typical ants that you might have in your lawn.
- Carpenter ants. They love making nests around wood. And, it is important to act fast, if you have an infestation of carpenter ants. They can damage your home’s foundation very quickly. Repairing the damage, the cause can be expensive.
- Fire ants. Those ants that bite really burn. It can be dangerous to have these ants if someone in your home is allergic to them. They can also damage your home, even if this isn’t as extensive as the carpenter ants.
Type of Ant Killing Products That You Can Purchase
When it comes to purchasing the best ant killer products, you will see that there is more than one type of killing products on the market. And, it can be hard to know which one is going to be best for your ant infestation if you don’t know more about the different types of killing products.
- Liquid baits. This is basically a sweet solution that is acting as an attractant. It is easy to use it in hard to reach places and they are carrying the solution into their nests. Killing the whole colony instead of just the ants individually.
- Solid baits. This is the solid killing products that you are throwing all over your lawn. You can spread a larger area, but it can be washed away a lot easier as well. The ants are also carrying these solid baits to the nests where it can kill more ants. However, some of these solid baits are so dangerous, that it kills the ants before it can reach the nest.
- Sprays. Sprays that you are spraying directly into the nests of the ants. This kills the ants on contact and will kill the colony as well. It is just getting washed away easily with rain and water.
What Should You Look for When Buying Ant Killers?
There are a couple of things that you should look for when you are buying ant killers. Especially if you want to make sure that you are purchasing high-quality ant killers that will kill the ants in no time, but that won’t put your children and other pets in danger.
You want to use something that will still work, even after it rained, or after you have watered your lawn. The last thing that you want, is to purchase new ant killers, every time that you have watered the lawn. This is going to become expensive.
Another important feature is pet safety. You need to look if the product is going to be pet safe when you have cats and dogs that are playing on the lawn.
You need to look at the type of ants that the ant killer is going to kill. The more variety of ants it is killing, the better it is going to be and the more value for money you are going to get.
Some of the Best Ant Killers for Lawn
Now, you know more about ant killers that you can purchase for your lawn. The different types of ants that you can get and what features you should look for when purchasing your ant killer. However, you might still wonder what products are known as the best ant killers on the market. These are some of the best, and highly rated ant killers for lawns at the moment.
- Terro Liquid Ant Bait
- AMDRO Home Perimeter
- Advance 375A Granular Bait
- Bifen L/P Granules
Ants can ruin your summer when they have been infested in your lawn. However, if you know the best ant killers for lawns, you will be able to kill the ant without ruining your lawn or putting your children and pets in danger. This is why this guide is so important. You want to make sure that your lawn is ant-free, but that it is safe for your pets and children to play on.